Neck warmers that lie close to the neck are my favorite! They keep your neck warm without all the bulk or fuss of a scarf. They can add a splash of color, and this one has a beautiful lacy design and cute buttons. They’re so quick and easy to make that they are excellent gifts. So grab one skein of yarn and spend one afternoon making this beauty!
What You’ll Need:
- 150 yards of DK Weight Yarn – I used less than 1 skein of Cascade Sunseeker
- 3 ¾” buttons
- Crochet Hook Size H (5.0 mm)
- Yarn Needle to weave in ends
- Not important for this project
- My finished neck warmer measures 5” wide X 25 ½” long
- ch = chain
- sk = skip
- dc = double crochet
- sc = single crochet
- sp = space
- st = stitch
- Ch 23
- Row 1 – Sk 2 ch, 1 dc in next ch. *sk 1 ch, (1 sc, 1 dc) in next ch* Repeat across to last 2 ch. Sk 1 ch. Sc in last ch. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 2 – dc in 1st *sk next dc, (1 sc, 1 dc) in next sc* Repeat across to last dc. Skip that st and sc in turning ch. Ch 1, turn.
- Rows 3 – 63 – Repeat row 2
- Row 64 (Button Hole Row) – 1 dc in 1st *sk next dc, (1 sc, 1 dc) in next sc*. Repeat for a total of 7 times. Ch 2, sk next dc, sc and dc. (1 sc, 1 dc) into next sc. Sk last dc. Sc in turning ch. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 65 – 1 dc in 1st Sk next dc. (1 sc, 1 dc) into next sc. (1 sc, 1 dc) into ch-2 sp. *sk next dc, (1 sc, 1 dc) into next sc.* Repeat across to last dc. Skip that st and sc in turning ch. Ch 1, turn.
- Rows 66-69 – Repeat row 2 (4 times)
- Row 70 – Repeat row 64
- Row 71 – Repeat row 65
- Rows 72 – 75 – Repeat row 2 (4 times)
- Row 76 – Repeat row 64
- Row 77 – Repeat row 65
- Rows 78 – 80 Repeat row 2 (3 times)
- Finish off
- Sew buttons on 1-2” from end.
- Weave in ends.
This is what it will look like when you’re done. When putting it on, it’s easy to get confused about how to button it. Just make sure the buttonholes are along the top edge, and it’s much easier to button without a mirror!
Hope you enjoy!
Please post your projects on Ravelry and link to the pattern so I can see what you’ve done!